Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Welcome to Hell: Law School FINALS

To my fellow walking-dead,

As you all know, our first final is a week and a day away. And for my section, half of an exam is on Thursday. It's officially time to panic. If there was an entrance sign to hell, I'm pretty sure it would look just like my property outline (or attempt at starting one). For all of you who have already finished all your outlines and are prepared for the MC exam in con law on Thursday, don't talk to me, I hate your face.

The problem with MC questions is that many of the answers seem plausible. For example:

What would Jess rather be doing right now?
A. crawling in a hole and dying
B. getting drunk
C. sleeping
D. anything other than studying.

Answer: All are correct but answer D is more correct.

Then there is property:
This pretty much sums it up

So I have looked to my fellow roommates for inspiration:

Jeff:

Was doing homework quietly on the couch. I even hung upside down on the adjacent couch and went unnoticed. I was impressed until I heard him talking to his girlfriend on the phone ten minutes later.


Cynthia:

Turned down panera to read property. Impressive. But is she actually reading property? She may be watching netflix...we may never know.

Mike:

At the library...also impressive. If you subtract the time he is inevitably spending on pintrest, tumblr, facebook, and anything else ADD -enhancing. He will probably come home in time to eat dinner and announce it's time for his nightly shit in a few hours.

Amy:

At home doing work, also denied panera. Or is she just snuggling with her cat?
Amy and Echo


I am now going to spend the next hour and a half continuing to bleed my eyes out reading property and con law. Then I will continue to do the same during commercial breaks when I am not screaming at the Bruins on tv.  Overall a productive night at the 420 House, we will keep you updated with advice, and other nonsense each day of the week and into finals.

Remember, grades aren't everything. They are just indicators of where/ if you will get an internship and therefore a job and where you will go in life (kidding). No need to stress. We promise not to judge if we see you crying into your civ pro outline, sleeping in the library, bug-eyed from excessive coffee consumption, swigging your second bottle of wine, or slumped over a bar stool at Worthy. Hell, you may even see us there.

Keep calm and carry on,

love, the 420 House


2 comments: